Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Look at my dad! AND Prayer and Missions Marry.

I love this photo of my dad watching us, his daughters. We were all dolled up for Anna Brinkmann's wedding to Jim.


My mom took the photo, and included my dad in it. We, of course, couldn't see him at the time. Every time I look at this I get warm fuzzies. I'm LOVED!

Last Saturday, the day that Annie B. (the long-time ihop worship/prayer woman) married Jim (the 15-year YWAM missionary), the prayer movement and the missions movement formally united forces at a conference in Orlando (Call2All). The CEOs of 170 missions organizations (including YWAM and Campus Crusade) were in attendance, as well as the major leaders of prayer organizations in the US. As I heard about the unprecedented event--with the missions movement making specific projections and commitments, and the prayer movement pledging targeted prayer support--I realized that God had given a token in the natural (in Annie and Jim's marriage) of the essential marriage in the spiritual between these two movements (these two are really one in God's heart and plan, though we have seen them as two separate movements). Hooray for Annie and Jim!! And hooray for the marriage of prayer and missions! And hooray for reaching all the world within a few decades!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I love this picture! Anna is so glamorous and you look stunning. I'm sure your dad is as proud as he looks.
May we link your blog?

Amy Rachel Peterson said...

Hi Heidelee! Of course you can link to my blog. Isn't Anna amazing? That was our grandmother's dress. Silk made for her when they lived in Hong Kong in the 30's. Hope you all are well! I loved your Christmas postcard.