Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Pasta Pick Up

Have you ever played pick-up-sticks with angel hair pasta?  I just did.  Praise God for that scientific advancement: boiling things. 

I have not been having great luck today with food.  Although I did successfully doctor up a cup of decaf at the local coffee shop, I had flashes of imagining myself, the floor, and the condiment bar covered with milky brown liquid.  Something in me knew, just knew, that today might not be the greatest non-klutz day.

A quick tortilla-with-cheese to tide me over until I could cook the meatballs ended in a very burnt quesadilla - which I only realized by the odd sound that started to fill the kitchen. 

And then...then the almost-full but not-quite-as-unopened-as-I-thought box of angel hair ended up in a great crisscrossy pile on the kitchen floor.  All I could do was laugh.  And laugh.  In fact, it was the most pleasing sight of the whole day.  I am suddenly understanding one of the reasons babies make messes - and we thought it was underdeveloped dexterity! 

I did throw out the very last handful I gathered - a nod to propriety.  And now I am super-full from just a small bowl of meatballs w/pasta.  Which, by the way, has been the state of my stomach (super-full from smallish meals) ever since I prayed against a demon of sugar on Sunday.  No, I'm serious.  (Repenting for gluttony of sugar accompanied the prayer, of course.  Just thought you should know, in case you're planning to try it for yourself.)

1 comment:

Annie Peterson said...

Oh goodness, I think I might need to do that repenting...